Innovator. Educator. Wonderer. Wanderer. Passion and compassion in equal measure.
Emily’s commitment to relevant, accessible, and engaging learning experience spans decades. Her joy in working alongside educators and students is evident in every project she undertakes: helping to instill a lifelong love of learning through the powerful pairing of innovative curriculum and smart technology.
Prior to Clarity, Emily was an in-district instructional technology integration specialist: designing and developing instructional materials and resources for improving the process of K-12 teaching and learning with a variety of instructional technology and delivery methods.
Previously, Emily has also served as an English and Theater Arts teacher. And though her career and experiences are diverse, everything Emily does is about building relationships and connecting a learner’s unique needs with high-quality resources and rich opportunities for academic growth.
On her days off, you might find Emily tutoring students in reading, addressing DEI issues in her community, or building houses for Habitat for Humanity.
Emily provided Professional Development at the Ulster BOCES campus, where she oversaw innovative technology use in the classroom, and served as an Instructional Technology Coordinator, providing educational technology integration assistance to teachers in her district.
Emily’s innate sense of adventure has led her all over the world—from Russia to Australia and many ports in-between—and into a variety of experiences, from bungee jumps in New Zealand to becoming a certified pilot. This ability to dive in to most any and every situation has given her a variety of unique perspectives and skills that she employs every day in creating safe, supportive, and highly rewarding learning environments.
Education and/or certifications held
- MS, English Concentration in Secondary Language Arts, University of New Haven
- BA, English, Central Connecticut State University
- ISTE Certified Educator—(2020 – 2023)
- Google Certified Level 1 & 2 Teacher—(2021 – 2024)
- Apple Teacher—Mac & iPad
- ISTEU AI GM—15 hour Certificate
- Artificial Intelligence Explorations and Their Practical Use in Schools—(2020)
- Secondary Education English Teaching Credentials —NY
Select presentations and workshops
- STEAM & Origami, Girls Rock STEAM (2021)
- Host of Alex Lindsay’s “Office Hours: Focus on Education” (2020)
- Poster Session Evaluator Captain, ISTE (2019)
- Introduction to VEX Robotics, Girls Rock STEM (2019)
- Google Tour Creator in the Classroom & Using AR in the Classroom, NYSCATE (2018)
- Using VR in the Classroom & Using Google Tour Builder for Students to Create VR Tours, NYSCATE Hudson Valley (2017)
- Technology as a Tool, EDCamp USA at the Department of Education (2015)
- Popping the Question & Getting Engaged: Using Online Assessment Tools to Increase Learner Engagement, NYSCATE Hudson Valley (2014)
- ISTE —International Society for Technology in Education
- NYSCATE —New York State Association for Computers and Technologies in Education