Carly is an innovative instructional designer and educational leader with a commitment to educational equity and continuous improvement.
Carly has a broad range of experiences in K-12 education as a classroom educator, English as a Second Language (ESL) specialist, interventionist, and instructional coach. Her most recent work prior to Clarity included working as an independent e-learning content developer for Outschool as well as an Education Research Analyst and Instructional Designer contracting with the Bureau of Indian Education (BIE).
Throughout her career, Carly has created and facilitated district-wide professional learning centered on equity, continuous improvement, and Multi-Leveled Systems of Support (MLSS). Her passion for data-informed instruction, culturally and linguistically responsive practices, and blended learning ensures that the needs of all learners are met purposefully and effectively. Carly believes that academic achievement, social emotional wellbeing, and language acquisition is achieved by building the collective capacity of all stakeholders.
In her work for the BIE, Carly supported the BIE’s Strategic Transformation of Education Project (STEP) by implementing a blended learning program for schools within Indigenous communities using Schoology. She designed, developed, and analyzed the success of e-learnings and live trainings for staff and leaders related to blended learning, Social Emotional Learning (SEL), and Learning Management System (LMS) use.
Education and/or certifications held
- BS, Elementary Education, University of Wisconsin-Whitewater
- MEd, Educational Leadership and Policy Analysis, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Wisconsin Licensures: Principal, Director of Curriculum and Instruction, Director of Special Education and Pupil Services, Middle Childhood Early Adolescence (1st-8th), English as a Second Language
- Tennessee Licensures: Elementary Education (K-5), English as a Second Language
- UDL Associate Credential - Level 1
- UDL Core Foundation - Level 2
- Google UX Design Professional Certificate
- Inclusive Instructional Design
- Gamification of Learning
Select presentations and workshops
- SEL: A Guide for Leaders in a Blended Environment, BIE Principal Leadership Academy (2021)