Inspirational. Aspirational. Dreamer. Doer. Whatever it takes to make a difference.
Adam has devoted the last decade to education in all its forms: in the classroom, in the boardroom, in conferences, and in communities. He views classrooms as sacred places of sharing, where the learning is immersive, and the teacher often learns as much as the student.
Adam has facilitated division-wide professional learning on equity, personalized learning, universal design for learning, interdisciplinary instruction and multiple digital learning topics. He is also one of those rare individuals that can take his breadth of learning and turn it into something actionable and meaningful: creating professional learning pathways for administrators, educators, and coaches; training coaches on personalized coaching models; and creating blended Culturally Responsive Teaching courses for teachers and administrators.
For years, Adam has been inspired by the power of technology in democratizing learning experiences so that those with special learning needs and challenges can realize their full potential. His obsession with learning technology had him developing collaborative online conferences, crafting and delivering professional development promoting digital teaching and learning principles, serving on technology advisory committees, and piloting district-wide technology and STEM program initiatives.
Over the course of his rich and varied career, Adam has also received a number of prestigious grants, spanning such topics as Pollinator Habitat Gardens, Revisiting Charlottesville: A Framework for Exploring Communities through a Geographic Lens, and Reframing the Narrative: Anti-Racist and Culturally Responsive Curriculum.
Adam is a founding member of Virginia’s Reframing the Narrative project, served on a district committee for re-opening schools and implementing community communication, and partnered with educators to develop learning experiences aligned with Virginia Standards of Learning.
Despite the challenges that education has faced in the last few years, Adam is resolutely optimistic about what lies ahead, and believes that everyone—from children to adults—deserve technology-enriched learning experiences that allow them to explore their curiosity and wonder.
Education and/or certifications held
- Educational Leadership, Longwood University
- MS, Instructional Technology, Appalachian State University
- Secondary English Education, Ohio University
- ISTE Certified Teacher (2021)
- Google Certified Trainer and Innovator
- Common Sense Media Educator
Select presentations and workshops
- Learning Takes Flight: Drones in the Classroom, ISTE (2020)
- Digital Field Trips and Virtual Reality, Virginia Association of
School Librarians Conference (2017)
- Google Geo Tools, Virginia Society for Technology in Education (2016)
- Assistive Technology, East Carolina University (2016)
- Gamify Your Classroom & Google Geo Tools, Innovative Learning Conference (2015)
- Gamify Your PD, Google for Education Presenter, ISTE (2015)
- Assistive Technology Solutions, Conference on Exceptional Children (2014)
- Student Advocacy Groups, CUE Online Summit Featuring Google for Education (2014)