Late this month, Thor Prichard will be speaking at an education metadata meetup about the Learning Resource Metadata Initiative (LRMI). The meetup will help publishers understand the purpose and value of LRMI and techniques for implementation. Speakers will discuss project updates, best practices for aligning to the Common Core State Standards and other standards, issues of accessibility, how the LRMI relates to professional development, and ways that creators of learning games can use the LRMI specification to improve the online discoverability of their materials.
Other confirmed speakers for the workshop include:
- Holly Cefrey, Rosen Publishing
- Richard Culatta, U.S. Department of Education
- David Grandison, BrainPOP
- Michael Jay, Educational Systemics
- Jeanne Kitchens, Illinois Shared Learning Environment (ISLE)
- Steve Midgley, U.S. Department of Education
- Elizabeth Neuman, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
- Steve Nordmark, Knovation
- Melissa Wadman and Darren Milligan, Smithsonian
RSVP to this free event being organized by the Association of Educational Publishers, the 501(c)(3) arm of the Association of American Publishers, and Educational Systemics.