How does one manage the multiple forms of design: visual, interactive, learning, user experience, information, and instructional design? Just ask Stacy Hawthorne. She leads our team of creatives and former classroom practitioners and supports them in doing the best work of their careers, designing powerful learning experiences that make a measurable difference in the lives of learners, educators, and the organizations that they serve.
Stacy’s roots are in the classroom with a passion for educational technology.
Prior to Clarity, Stacy served as Director of Online Learning of the Davidson Academy Online— overseeing both its academic and institutional operation—after serving on the industry side of education as a consultant to school districts and other organizations about developing and implementing blended learning programs. Stacy began her educational career as a classroom teacher and district-level administrator.
Stacy is actively involved in the industry, serving on CoSN's advisory board for driving K-12 innovation, NAGC’s Teaching for High Potential Editorial Advisory Committee, and ASU’s ShapingEDU National Broadband action committee.
Education and/or certifications held
- EdD, Educational Technology, Boise State University
- MEd, Educational Administration, Ashland University
- BBA, Business Administration, University of Georgia
Select presentations and publications
- Building Resiliency and Maintaining your Sanity Online, The Digital Learning Annual Conference (DLAC) (2022)
- Driving K-12 Innovation in 2022 and Beyond, CoSN Conference (2022)
- Working Remotely Doesn’t Mean Working Alone, Blackboard World (2020)
- To Infinity and Beyond – Opening Ignite Session, ISTE (2014)
- iNACOL Blended Learning Teacher Competency Framework (2014)
- CoSN – Consortium for School Networking
- NAGC – National Association for Gifted Children
- ASU – Arizona State University
- CoSN Certified Education Technology Leader (CETL)
- Teaching and school administration licenses in Nevada