With a background in technology spanning nearly 30 years, John brings a range of experiences and demonstrated success in developing software and websites for both children and adults. During this time, he has developed products in consumer, education and business markets, resulting in more than 25 major releases.
In his position at Clarity Innovations, John collaborates with clients to understand their unique challenges and priorities to establish meaningful objectives. He has a knack for bringing innovative ideas into focus and turning them into tangible results. Our clients appreciate his ability to cut through the complexity of a project and zero in on the core essence of the critical issues at hand. He’s also highly adept at building professional learning communities, based on his experiences creating websites for the Organization for Educational Technology and Curriculum, the Oregon Department of Education, and the Confederation of Oregon School Administrators.
Education and/or certifications held
- BA, Journalism and Psychology, Valparaiso University
- MBA, Marketing, University of Oregon
- ISTE – International Society for Technology in Education
Select software titles
- Intel Concept Mapping App (2014)
- Launch Platform, Site9 (2007)
- Inspiration, Kidspiration, InspireData (multiple versions (1998-2006)
- PrintPaks/Mattel: Twelve consumer titles under PrintPaks and assorted Mattel brands (1995-1998)
- ErgoKnowledge, Visionary Software (1995)
- Software awards including the Eddie (4), Codie (3), Bessie (5)
- New Media Invision Multimedia award (1993)
- US Patent 6,157,865 User-created curios made from heat-shrinkable material (2000)
- US Patent 6,264,786 User-created temporary tattoos (2001)