Greg has worked with educators and technology for over fifteen years. He loves the process of learning new technologies and using them to pragmatically solve real-word problems in education: working with educators to understand what they need, communicating possible solutions, and building tools that are simple-to-use. Greg’s background in systems thinking, technology management, software engineering and user support makes him a natural at using and developing these type of solutions using Drupal and other modern, open-source platforms.
When building software, there is a perfect but hard-to-find balance between simple, clever, and efficient. Over his career, Greg has been involved in all the stages of building software—testing, support, system design, server management, and back-end and front-end web development—to achieve that perfect balance.
Greg’s broad experience helps him to manage and motivate the Clarity Innovations’ Engineering team. His current development focus has been using open-source CMS Drupal to build platforms for hosting teacher-focused, digital curriculum and training materials.
Education and/or certifications held
- BA, English Literature (with a minor in Media Studies), Carleton College
Select software titles
- Web-based visual mathematics apps for the Math Learning Center, including Geoboard, Pattern Shapes, and Number Rack (2012-present)
- Bridges Educator Site, teacher portal that provides online access to Bridges in Mathematics curriculum and support materials (2012-present)
- littleBits PD, professional learning platform for hosting littleBits teacher training materials (2015-2016)
- New Perspectives Onlines, teacher-focused, on-demand, self-directed, multi-pathway system for professional learning (2015-present)
- Webspiration, web-based, subscription service for online concept mapping software (2010-2012)
- Inspiration 8 and Inspiration 9, educational tool for concept mapping and visual thinking (2006-2010)
- Drupal Association