Type : Full-time employment
Scope : 1.0 FTE, 40 hours per week
Duration : Indefinite
Deadline : Open until filled.
Location : Portland, Oregon (strongly preferred, but not required).
Demand for our services is growing and we need additional expertise to help with a variety of long-term large-scale projects. We’re hiring a full-time position focused on software quality assurance (QA). We're looking for someone with a passion for technology in education.
We are seeking people looking for meaning in their work, that want to be empowered to make a difference in the lives of educators and students everywhere. We are seeking someone eager to bring their perspective and expertise, to cultivate a project, process, or idea, and see it through to help us exceed our clients’ expectations.
You will be working collaboratively with others on interesting problems that leverage and grow your skills.
We believe great ideas and talent can come from anywhere. Whether you're a recent college/university graduate or an experienced professional ready to work on a team that has purpose and meaning, you are welcome here.
If you're interested in having the flexibility of working on a variety of web and mobile applications that help improve the process and practice of teaching and learning, please consider submitting your application.
Details about the scope of the projects you'll be working on will be provided to candidates invited to interview.
Specifically, You are expected to contribute to Clarity’s success by performing the following major job duties:
- Contributing to test plans and test cases for each software project under development;
- Performing manual, automated, and ad hoc tests against a set of test cases or requirements indicating expected behaviors of the software being tested;
- Writing accurate and precise bug reports so the steps are easy to understand and follow;
- Working with engineers and client leads to ensure testing is completed on schedule in order to meet project deadlines;
- Working closely within a team and goal oriented environment, in a proactive manner, assuming such responsibilities as are necessary to get the job done (i.e., no such thing as ‘not my job’).
- You are able to communicate complex technical concepts in a clear and comprehensible manner so that others may learn and apply the knowledge you're sharing.
- You enjoy finding inconsistencies in the behavior of web and mobile applications.
- You welcome learning new skills regularly and putting them into practice in concrete ways.
- You thrive by collaborating with multiple teams and use your communication skills to influence the quality of our work.
Requires proficiency with popular software applications for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, Web browsing, managing calendars, and email correspondence. If you think you can excel at this job with experience that looks a little different from what we’ve identified, we’d love to learn more about you.
The equivalent of a high school diploma from an accredited educational institution is expected. Postsecondary coursework or certification towards education, computer science, software programming, web development or a closely related field is desired though not required.
Our team is presently working remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic and will continue for the foreseeable future (i.e., until public health officials permit organizations to return to work). When hired, we will assist you with setting up for remote working.
This position starts at $63,000 annually, and is adjusted upwards based on your experience and qualifications, and internal pay equity. Please note that our salary offer will be non-negotiable to preserve internal pay equity for all employees. Thereafter, we evaluate compensation no less than annually and may make adjustments based on your job performance and professional growth, market data, and to preserve internal pay equity.
This position requires successful completion of employment and education verification as conditions of employment. A failure to meet these requirements may result in the retraction of a job offer and/or other actions, up to and including termination of employment.