Type : Full-time employment, with benefits
Scope : 1.0 FTE, 40 hours per week
Deadline : Open until filled
Location : Portland, Oregon preferred, or working remotely from somewhere within the United States
Demand for our services is growing and we need additional expertise to help with a variety of long-term large-scale projects. If you are interested in an opportunity to shape innovative ideas about the future of education, leading teams to create and deliver tangible results, then Clarity Innovations is the place for you.
We are seeking people looking for meaning in their work, that want to be empowered to make a difference in the lives of educators and students everywhere. Someone eager to bring their perspective and expertise, to advocate for a project, process, or idea, and see it through to help us exceed our clients’ expectations.
You will be working collaboratively with others on interesting problems that leverage and grow your skills. If you're interested in having the flexibility of working on a variety of projects that help improve the process and practice of teaching and learning, please consider submitting your application.
You will coordinate the implementation of multiple projects from business development through final signoff for a variety of clients. You will consult directly with the client to develop ideas, recommendations, and processes, contribute to and produce deliverables, maintain documentation, and facilitate communication. You will be expected to coordinate all phases of assigned projects and be able to define, educate, and guide clients and their associated projects through a predictable workflow, help to shape planning about desired outcomes, the scope of work involved, and how we’ll measure results.
You will be accountable for the day-to-day implementation of client projects and responsible for guiding the work of those collaborating with you. As one of the primary contacts representing Clarity to our clients, you will be empowered to manage the scope of work and deliverables for several client projects. Likewise, you will be expected to grow client relationships with additional projects that align with our mission and expertise.
Specifically, you will be expected to contribute to our success through excellent client service and meeting or exceeding performance goals for the following major job duties:
- Monitoring implementation of project tasks to resolve impediments and achieve desired results on time and on budget;
- Maintaining documentation of scope of work, key deliverables, team assignments, schedule of milestones, and completion checklists;
- Communicating progress and/or changes, adjustments, or revisions to milestones, key deliverables or work assignments to all those affected;
- Reviewing and revising deliverables and other materials to improve their effectiveness and fit with a client’s goals and expectations;
- Providing additional effort (e.g., researching, designing, authoring, developing) as necessary to ensure the success of client projects under your direction; and,
- Working closely within a team and goal oriented environment, in a proactive manner, assuming such responsibilities as are necessary to get the job done (i.e., no such thing as ‘not my job’).
Candidates are expected to demonstrate mastery of:
- Proven leadership skills and a commitment to teamwork and success;
- Effective verbal and written communication skills both internally and externally with clients; and,
- Using good judgment in applying information, company policy, past experience to new situations, and making decisions and recommendations in the best interest of us and our clients.
Candidates are expected to have an advanced knowledge of:
- How teaching and learning works within K-12 education institutions;
- Client development and relationship management strategies;
- Scope discovery and management strategies.
Candidates are expected to have and maintain a working knowledge of:
- Instructional content development practices and strategies for both print and digital deliverables; and,
- Writing requirements and estimating effort; and,
- Product lifecycle management concepts, practices, tools and techniques.
Candidates are expected to have and maintain a high degree of skill at:
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously; organizing workload of self and team to meet changing priorities and deadlines;
- Monitoring, addressing, and adjusting internal and external expectations; and,
- Applying principles and techniques of collaboration to guide and motivate teammates contributing to projects.
Candidates are expected to have a minimum of eight (8) years work experience demonstrating the qualifications to perform the duties above have been met or exceeded with increasing responsibility. Prior experience as a classroom educator is expected for this role. Preference is given to candidates with recent experience in creating instructional materials, curricula, or professional development experiences.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with emphasis in education, business, or a closely related field is required. Coursework towards a professional certification or graduate level degree in instructional design or product development is not required but preferred. Likewise, membership in a professional organization of a related field is strongly desired though not required.
Presently, everyone is working remotely and that will continue for the foreseeable future until our office reopens. At that point everyone will be given the opportunity to decide their primary work location (at home or at the office, if you're located here in Portland).
This position starts at $101,000 annually, and is adjusted upwards based on your experience and qualifications, and internal pay equity. Please note that our salary offer will be our best offer possible to preserve internal pay equity for all employees. We then evaluate compensation no less than annually and may make adjustments based on your job performance and professional growth, market data, and to maintain internal pay equity.
When applying, please attach thorough yet concise evidence of your qualifications and accomplishments. Submissions without such evidence will be discarded. This position requires successful completion of employment and education verification and a COVID-19 vaccine (unless exempt by applicable law) as conditions of employment. A failure to meet these requirements may result in the retraction of a job offer and/or other actions, up to and including termination of employment.