Type : Independent Contractor
Scope : up to 300 hours
Duration : ~ 6-18 months
Deadline : Open until filled
We are working with one of our clients on a long-term curriculum development project for early childhood learning. We are soliciting applications from freelance writers with experience in early childhood development and learning to help identify and develop age-appropriate instructional materials that foster a love of learning while developing social and emotional skills. Contracted writers will author innovative early learning lessons aligned to specific standards and approaches using a defined structure for the curriculum (e.g., a content template) that support inclusive approaches with a focus on child agency and self-determination.
Scope of Work
A representative list of tasks in a typical scope of work for contract writers may include the following:
- Generate innovative ideas, concepts, and activities in alignment with early childhood education practices;
- Develop and write creative, high-quality, inclusive early learning curriculum that is aligned with defined standards and approaches, and that follows a structured curriculum template;
- Partner closely with our larger curriculum writing and development team;
- Ensure all content is copyedited and ready for final review;
- Attend meetings, virtually or in-person, to ensure alignment on approach and deliverables; and,
- Follow an established style guide for all content you deliver.
Contract writers are expected to posses several years experience:
- Creating, developing, and writing integrated, inclusive, anti-bias instructional materials based on the domains of executive function, mindfulness, social-emotional development, physical development and wellness, STEM/STEAM, and language and literacy;
- Copywriting for a standardized set of writing conventions, styles, and voice, and the ability to self-edit;
- Being flexible and responsive to tight timelines;
- Accepting feedback and constructive evaluation of your work and making requested revisions;
- Using Microsoft Office and G Suite to track changes and comments;
- Employing excellent communication skills, including interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from varying interest groups; and,
- Providing services as a freelance writer.
A bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university is required. Studies in early childhood education or a closely related field are preferred, but are not required. Additional coursework (e.g., towards a professional certification or graduate level degree) is welcomed, but again, not required. Likewise, participation in a professional organization in a field related to our business is desired though not required.
Since this is contract engagement and not employment, benefits are not provided. As such, where the work takes place is at the discretion of the contractor.
Negotiated based on experience and qualifications, either as an hourly rate or flat fee.
This opportunity requires successful completion of resume, portfolio, and reference verification as conditions of contracting with Clarity Innovations.