Type : Full-time employment
Scope : 1.0 FTE, 40 hours per week
Duration : Indefinite
Deadline : Open until filled.
Demand for our services is growing and we need additional expertise to help with a variety of long-term large-scale projects. We’re hiring a full-time position focused on software quality assurance (QA). We're looking for someone with a passion for technology in education.
We are seeking people looking for meaning in their work, that want to be empowered to make a difference in the lives of educators and students everywhere. We are seeking someone eager to bring their perspective and expertise, to champion a project, process, or idea, and see it through to help us exceed our clients’ expectations.
You will be working collaboratively with others on interesting and challenging problems that leverage and grow your skills.
We believe great ideas and talent can come from anywhere. Whether you're a recent college/university graduate or an experienced professional ready to work on a team that has purpose and meaning, you are welcome here.
If you're interested in having the flexibility of working on a variety of web and mobile applications that help improve the process and practice of teaching and learning, please consider submitting your application.
Details about the scope of the projects you'll be working on will be provided to candidates invited to interview.
You will undertake the quality assurance review, testing, and documentation of faults found in a variety of software (including web) projects being developed by Clarity and assist with applying patches and updates to projects in production and testing the results to ensure expected functionality. You may also contribute to the development of procedures and other materials for dissemination internally and externally, provide customer support and training, participate in meetings, prepare and submit progress reports on a regular basis, and conduct other duties as assigned from time to time.
Specifically, You are expected to contribute to Clarity’s success through excellent client service and meeting or exceeding performance objectives by:
- Contributing to test plans and test cases for each software project in active development;
- Performing manual, automated, and ad hoc tests against a set of test cases or requirements indicating expected behaviors of the software being tested;
- Writing accurate and precise bug reports so the steps are easy to understand and follow;
- Working with engineers and client leads to ensure testing is completed on schedule in order to meet project deadlines;
- Working closely within a team and goal oriented environment, in a proactive manner, assuming such responsibilities as are necessary to get the job done (i.e., no such thing as ‘not my job’).
- You are able to communicate complex technical concepts in a clear and comprehensible manner so that others may learn and apply the knowledge you're sharing.
- You enjoy finding inconsistencies in the behavior of web and mobile applications.
- You welcome the challenge of learning new skills regularly and putting them into practice in concrete ways.
- You thrive by collaborating with multiple teams and use your communication skills to influence the quality of our work.
- You are curious about at least one genre of science fiction.
Requires proficiency with popular software applications for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, Web browsing, managing calendars, and email correspondence.
The equivalent of a high school diploma from an accredited educational institution is expected. Postsecondary coursework or certification towards education, computer science, software programming, web development or a closely related field is desired though not required.
Available after first three months of employment for up to 20% of a flexible schedule workweek.
- Medical (including chiropractic, naturopathic and acupuncturist care), dental, vision and prescription insurance (premiums for your coverage are fully paid by us)
- Flexible spending account (FSA) for medical and dependent care, and transportation pre-tax reimbursement
- Automatic contribution of 6% of your salary made to a 401(k) plan (with no contribution required by you)
- Membership dues in one professional association of your choice in a related field
- Accrue ten (10) hours of paid time off (PTO) each month
- An annual grant of PTO each January, based on years of service: start with up to 40 hours for your first year
- Nine paid holidays (ten, counting your birthday, which is a personal paid holiday for each employee)
- Flexible scheduling to give time for other appointments without having to use your PTO
- Telecommuting privileges for 20% of your work schedule
- Monthly sack lunch & learns and quarterly department lunches
- Bike friendly facility (onsite showers, indoor bike rack, spare lock, tire repair, and lights)
- Dedicated time set aside for professional learning and development
- Semi-annual team activities and community volunteering
We pay a competitive salary based on experience, qualifications, internal equity, and market data.
This position requires successful completion of employment and education verification as conditions of employment. A failure to meet these requirements may result in the retraction of a job offer and/or other actions, up to and including termination of employment.