Type : Full-time Employment
Scope : 1.0 FTE, 40 hours per week
Duration : Indefinite
Deadline : Open until filled.
Demand for our services is growing and we need additional expertise to help with a variety of long-term large-scale projects. We’re hiring an iOS software engineer with a passion for technology in education.
We are seeking people looking for meaning in their work, that want to be empowered to make a difference in the lives of educators and students everywhere. We are seeking someone eager to bring their perspective and expertise, to champion a project, process, or idea, and see it through to help us exceed our clients’ expectations.
You will be working collaboratively with others on interesting and challenging problems that leverage and grow your skills.
We believe great ideas and talent can come from anywhere. Whether you're a recent college/university graduate or an experienced professional ready to work on a team that has purpose and meaning, you are welcome here.
If you're interested in having the flexibility of working on a variety of iOS applications that help improve the process and practice of teaching and learning, please consider submitting your application.
In general, our iOS Software Engineers conduct research and requirements analysis; write, revise and troubleshoot application code; provide technical or engineering support services on behalf of the team; participate in meetings; and, conduct other duties as assigned from time to time.
You are expected to contribute to Clarity’s success through excellent client service and meeting or exceeding performance objectives by:
- Planning, designing, and engineering iOS applications;
- Working with a client team to understand and influence a project’s goals and requirements and how those goals align with the client's business and needs;
- Proposing effective and efficient solutions that comply with established guidelines for data security, instructional design, user experience, and software development best practices;
- Peer-reviewing engineering work, consulting on QA test plans, tracking open issues and resolving issues as needed;
- Collaborating with colleagues to give feedback on, develop, and implement a visual style and instructional design, functionality, and content specifications for each of the iOS applications You work on; and,
- Working closely within a team and goal oriented environment, in a proactive manner, assuming such responsibilities as are necessary to get the job done (i.e., no such thing as ‘not my job’).
- You possess mastery of data structures, algorithms, object-oriented programming, MVC architecture, and common iOS design patterns and frameworks.
- You have applied experience with Objective C, and iOS architecture, frameworks, and development tools.
- You are proficient at working through the entire mobile development lifecycle, including publishing and maintaining iOS applications;
- You are comfortable with building intuitive, efficient, graphically-rich user-interfaces that follow iOS design principles.
- You love working on ambiguous problems and coming up with elegant, scalable solutions.
- You thrive by collaborating with multiple teams and use your communication skills to influence product direction.
- You are knowledgeable about at least one genre of science fiction.
Candidates are expected to have at least a few years experience with iOS, specifically encountering or achieving at least three of the following:
- Deployed at least one iOS app to the App Store;
- Developed at least one iOS app using RESTful APIs;
- Created a native iOS app “shell” for a web-based app;
- Migrated an Objective-C app to Swift;
- Developed at least one app using iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core graphics and Core Text; or,
- Supported and maintained an app with thousands of active users.
The equivalent of an associate's degree from an accredited educational institution with emphasis in computer science, software programming, web development or a closely related field is required. Coursework towards a professional certification is strongly preferred. Likewise, membership in a professional organization of a related field is strongly desired though not required.
iOS Software Engineers:
- Report to the Engineering Manager;
- Participate in weekly status meetings with their Client Lead(s);
- Prepare progress reports on assigned projects and tasks;
- Are held accountable to their Client Lead(s) for achieving agreed outcomes;
- Provide support and feedback to their peers as requested; and,
- Solicit guidance and/or support from their Client Lead(s) as needed.
Available after first three months of employment for up to 20% of a flexible schedule workweek.
- Medical (including chiropractic, naturopathic and acupuncturist care), dental, vision and prescription insurance (premiums for your coverage are fully paid by us)
- Flexible spending account (FSA) for medical and dependent care, and transportation pre-tax reimbursement
- Automatic contribution of 6% of your salary made to a 401(k) plan (with no contribution required by you)
- Membership dues in one professional association of your choice in a related field
- Accrue ten (10) hours of paid time off (PTO) each month
- An annual grant of PTO each January, based on years of service: start with up to 40 hours for your first year
- Nine paid holidays (ten, counting your birthday, which is a personal paid holiday for each employee)
- Flexible scheduling to give time for other appointments without having to use your PTO
- Telecommuting privileges for 20% of your work schedule
- Monthly sack lunch & learns and quarterly department lunches
- Bike friendly facility (onsite showers, indoor bike rack, spare lock, tire repair, and lights)
- Dedicated time set aside for professional learning and development
- Semi-annual team activities and community volunteering
We pay a competitive salary based on experience, qualifications, internal equity, and market data.
This position requires successful completion of employment and education verification as conditions of employment. A failure to meet these requirements may result in the retraction of a job offer and/or other actions, up to and including termination of employment.